Membership of the Association shall consist of Candidate Members, Associate Members, Ordinary Members, Retired Members, and Honorary Life Members.
General Membership Provisions
- Every applicant for Membership shall be sponsored by two Ordinary Members of the Association, and shall be admitted at the discretion of the Council, consistent with the terms of this constitution and the SACMA code of conduct.
- Applications for admission to membership shall be made in such manner as determined by the Council.
- Any member who shall commit any act which in the opinion of the Council may reflect discredit on or be prejudicial or antagonistic to the interests of the Association shall be liable to summary dismissal by a unanimous vote of the Council; and any member so dismissed shall have no claim whatever on the Association.
- Any member may resign from membership by giving notice in writing to the Secretary of their intention to do so, provided all amounts due by him/her to the Association shall have been paid.
- Any member who, for any reason at any time ceases to hold the qualifications of membership laid down in these rules, shall thereupon cease to be a member of the Association.
How to join the Association?
1. Download and fill out the Membership Application Form
Please read through the Membership Application Form carefully and complete each field as comprehensively as possible. A copy of the SACMA Constitution is available for download, it is recommended that you read through it before completing the form.
2. Submit the Form
After completing your Membership Application Form, submit the form via email to the SACMA Secretary using the following information:
Subject: SACMA Membership Application
Email : email@example.com
3. Await feedback from the SACMA Secretary
A representative from the Mines Professional Association’s will contact you, once your form has been thoroughly evaluated and deemed acceptable.